Tuesday, January 23, 2007

BEST GAME OF ALL TIME: Single-Player

I know it doesn't seem like a good time to crown the best game of all time, as a more appropriate choice could have been "best game of 2006" or "best next-gen game so far." Go to other game websites for that malarky. I want to talk about the best of the best! There are two categories in video gaming: single-player and multiplayer...and the goals achieved in each category have grown to be very different. A great multiplayer game must be balanced, have a lot of variety in available play choices, and it must be online. A great single-player game must be long, at least somewhat emotionally resonant, and epic as hell.
Although my choices are rather recent games, they are the cream of the crop. What is the best single-player game of all time?

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess



I can't stop talking about this game. I can't stop listening to the soundtrack. I can't stop creating Zelda-related posts. And even though I beat the game a long time ago, I still can't stop aimlessly wandering around the ins and outs of Hyrule, slicing and dicing through every bad guy that gets in my way. Everyone respects me. No one can defeat me. I am the ultimate badass of Hyrule. If you haven't played this game, you don't know that:

  • Link has two, possibly three girlfriends in the game (and he flirts with even more ladies)
  • There is a surprising twist at the end of the game that solidifies this Zelda title as having the most interesting characters with the coolest story arcs
  • There are some very non-Zelda like weapons Link gets his hands on
  • Wolf-Link can talk to every animal in Hyrule (including Epona)
  • Tingle is unfortunately not in the game
  • A hundred other weirdos are in the game
  • Each dungeon has more creativity and artistic style than most whole games, with just the right amount of challenge to never become frustrating
  • It is the longest Zelda game (I beat it in 45 hours, but I will never be completely finished with the save file)
  • It is the best Zelda ever, and also the best game ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can say that I agree with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is even now a question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with publication of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=swf to video converter pro 4.5 ?
I noticed the axiom you have not used. Or you profit by the dark methods of helping of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg