Thursday, March 22, 2007

My Xbox 360 Is Dead


Just days after giving it the award for winning this generation, my Xbox 360 died. I knew it was coming, we have all read the horror stories, but it is still surprising and extremely aggravating. Time to finally check out Okami...


UPDATE: 3-25-07: Called 1-800-4MY-XBOX, I am to mail the console to them (sans hard drive) and I should expect a repaired or brand new 360 in about three weeks...

UPDATE: 3-27-07: Shipping cost $11.66. Oh and Okami is awesome.

UPDATE: 4-2-07: My 360 arrived this morning in Texas. The two to three week waiting period begins today. I hope they find it is unrepairable so I can get a brand new 360 that hasn't been tinkered with...

UPDATE: 4-3-07: Major Nelson just brought this to my attention:

Free Shipping:
In the event your console needs to be returned to us for repair your shipping costs are free. We will immediately send you a postage paid container in which to send us your console, and we will pay for shipping charges to return your console to you.


I will call customer service tomorrow in hopes of getting my $12 refunded...

UPDATE: 4-9-07: Never called customer service. I'm not the bitching type, and I probably wouldn't have gotten the $12 refunded anyway. However, I did receive a brand new Xbox 360 in the mail today - complete with bonus (regular white) faceplate! You see, I shipped the original without a faceplate (as instructed), and now I have 2 default 360 faceplates!!! I kid, but I am very relived to promptly receive a brand new box. Hopefully this won't happen again.

No comments: