Sunday, December 31, 2006

Buying Games Twice

UPDATE: I don't know why I wrote this. I was merely thinking out loud...err, thinking out loud with my fingers. Read at your own risk.

There are a select few games that I love so much that I actually bought them twice, you know, just in case something happens to the original copy. Some people buy movies twice - I have Star Wars on VHS and DVD. Is that so wrong? Here is a list of the games that I have double dipped, along with the reasons why:

Zelda - I have the two Zelda games for NES, and they still work. I have A Link to the Past on SNES, and it still works. I also have the two Zelda games for N64. But when I pre-ordered the Wind Waker, I was given a bonus disc with Ocarina of Time and OOT Master Quest for GameCube. It was awesome to play the Master Quest with a GCN controller and at a higher resolution. Then the Zelda Collector's Disc was being packaged with new 'Cubes, so I eBay'd that sucker - which includes the NES Zeldas and the N64 Zeldas. Then ALTTP came out for GBA. And now my head is spinning and I own two copies of most of my favorite Zelda games.

Mega Man - I have a bunch of Mega Man games on NES, but I pounced on the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for GameCube as soon as it came out. But once it was released on Xbox, I realized I wanted to fork over another $20 just to play it with a different (read: better) controller. I love NES Mega Man games...especially when I am drinking.

Mario - I am a sucker for ports. I bought all the Super Mario Advance games, and I love playing Mario 64 on my DS. And you can bet I'm going to be buying all the classic Mario games again on the Virtual Console when I get a Wii.

Only time will tell what other games I will be buying again, but I have a feeling my copy of Halo 2 is going to spoil at some point...

No comments: