Thursday, December 7, 2006

GAMEDAR: Xbox 360

I want to tell you about some upcoming games on my radar that I think you outta be aware of. Today I'll look at the future of the Xbox 360.

Halo 3: Yeah, the obvious one. I'll spare you my fanboy speak and keep it short. I played the first Halo's multiplayer daily for about a year. I played Halo 2 online every day for about two years. I am only left to assume that I'll be playing Halo 3's multiplayer on a daily basis for three years - it will be that good. I can also tell you for a fact that the single player campaign will be among the best single player campaigns ever.

Lost Planet: If you haven't played the demo yet, you don't have a 360 yet. Third person action, mechs, giant insect alien baddies, and a plot that I don't give a shit about. This one will have the strong one-two punch of great single player and equally great multiplayer. (edit: no, Lost Planet actually sucks - who knew?)

GTA IV: Next-gen Grand Theft Auto!

Guitar Hero: Coming to 360 with a new badass controller, online co-op(?), and downloadable tunes. No, it ain't wireless...but I don't have an endless supply of AA batteries. Plus, REAL electric guitars even have wires.

Bioshock: Just watch the trailer on YouTube.

Mass Effect: Next-gen RPG from Bioware? They're returning to the sci-fi realm? Where do I sign up?

Army of Two: Buddy game with excellent graphics and great promise. I'm thinking it will be like a mix of Gears of War and Rainbow Six: Vegas.

Virtua Tennis 3: I have wanted this ever since I last put down the Dreamcast controller for Virtua Tennis 2. I'm salivating already.

Alan Wake: Moody adventure game from Remedy, the guys behind the Max Payne games. This game has awesome potential, but it has recently been delayed.

Resident Evil 5: Nothing new has come from the Capcom camp about this game for over a year, but I do know it will have the same control style established in the sublime RE4.

Assassin's Creed: New IP from the Prince of Persia team - "medieval period piece or sci-fi?" The answer is BOTH!

Half-Life 2: This classic FPS is being released on 360 featuring superior graphics, the first two expansions, and hopefully some online multiplayer. Valve is still claiming that the $60 package will include Team Fortress 2 and Portal, but that just sounds too good to be true.

Project Offset: This one is a long way off, but it is set to rock your fantasy pants off. If you liked Oblivion, this game will probably make you uncontrollably vomit pure joy. It is only rumored to come to 360, which means I need a new PC.

No comments: