Saturday, December 23, 2006

GAMEDAR: Wii

For today's "games on my radar," I'm looking at the list of games that I want (yes, I make lists of games that I want), and the first thing in the Wii section is the LAN adapter. It would be nice to have a fancy Wi-Fi connection in my house, but for the moment, we are still tied down with those pesky Ethernet cables. In fact, we don't even have a router - I have to switch the cable every time I go from PC internet connection to Xbox Live...which wouldn't be a problem if the 360 had a web browser, but that's another rant. Today I want to talk about the Wii, and the upcoming games that I want to insert into my Wii. Not that I have a Wii. Because I don't...yet.

Excite Truck - It's the only game on the list that is currently available on the market (Wii Sports is included, so that's a given, and I already got Zelda for the 'Cube). As far as launch titles go, Excite Truck is the one I want the most - far beyond my desire to shoot carrot juice into the masks of "Rabbids" and quietly move around my mother's china in Elebits. Excite Truck is arcade racing the way it should be: course powerups, rockin' tunes, motion-sensing control, and unlockables out the ass.

Wii Play - This minigame collection is more of a reason to create and fall in love with the Mii version of myself: one minigame is all about manipulating your Mii in various poses and positions DDR style. Plus it includes a shooter minigame that is very reminiscent of Duck Hunt (but not enough - there's no asshole dog or orange Zapper add-on [yet]).

Metroid Prime 3 - One thing it seems the Wii controls were designed for is first-person shooters, and this will be the first first-party game to use that control scheme. If history is any indication, whatever is done on a Nintendo console is always best done by Nintendo themselves. Plus, this is a Metroid Prime game, so it'll rock.

Sonic and the Secret Rings - Journalists that have demoed this game say it's the best 3-D Sonic game yet. I haven't really enjoyed a Sonic game since Sonic & Knuckles (Sonic Rush was just OK in my book)...and Jesus, do I love good Sonic games...

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Because I want to kick more ass with Twilight Princess Link. Plus, there are LOTR-style "whispers in the dark" that the Sonic pals and Mega Man will be playable characters!

Super Mario Galaxy - I loved Super Mario Sunshine, but there are a lot of haters. Let me guarantee now that there will be absolutely no haters of Mario's real debut on the Wii.

No More Heroes - Killer 7 is probably the most insane game I have ever played. The cutscenes were mind-blowing, and the story was head-exploding (yes, they are two different things). And I simply can't wait for the next game from Suda 51.

No comments: